Sunday, January 25, 2009

For Good


Genre: Broadway Musical
Artist: Music and Lyrics by: Stephen Schwartz
Album: Wicked

Life is full of twists and turns, but no matter what, there are always people you will meet along the way. These people are placed there to help you through the pitfalls of life, to lift you out of pits where you might have fallen, or to give you a boost as you climb the steep hills. These people are placed in our lives for a reason. Sometimes, we are blessed to have these people move on with us. Sometimes, they were meant to only be there during that time of our lives. Either way, they leave a lasting impact on us. They are meant to change us for the better, to change us for good.

As we look back on these times, we should not look back with resentment that we no longer have what we once did. We should look back with gratitude that we had that experience. As I look back on my life, I find there are many friends who came into my life at the right time. Now I have lost contact with many of them. They have gone their ways and I have gone mine. Some of these friends I eyed with resentment when we took our different paths. But now I realize that if I look back with resentment then I have missed the most important lesson I could have learned from them.

"It well may be that we will never meet again in this lifetime, so let me say before we part: So much of me is made of what I learned from you. You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart, and now whatever way our stories end I know you have re-written mine by being my friend!" This is a thank you to all those of you who have made an impact on my life. Thank you for the lessons you taught me. Thank you for helping me through those hard times. Although many of us have taken our separate ways, I hope to be reunited one day with all of you in the Celestial Kingdom. Some of you I have lost contact with since I was a young child. Some of you are more recent. Either way, thanks to all!