Monday, January 12, 2009

The Conclusion

Genre: Progressive Rock
Artist: Neal Morse
Album: Sola Scriptura

What a masterpiece! This song begins with the world coming out of the long night of apostasy and into the glorious morning of the Restoration. As God's kingdom is growing and Babylon is falling, the cry is heard, "Come out of her, my people!" The saints are warned to have nothing to do with Babylon: "everything that comes from her must be left behind." The song ends by describing that long-awaited day when the Bridgegroom comes for His bride, the Church, the saints of the Most High. I get chills as I hear the lyrics, "Bravely, strongly, watch the woman step into the light: gleaming, leaning on the arm of the One she loves! She's prepared herself just for Him! She has overcome all her sin! Let the day of the Lamb begin! Can you see her glory rise?"

I just get so excited for that time in the future when I, as part of the Lord's Church, will have overcome all of my own sin through Him and will be prepared to meet Him. Having read the Old Testament multiple times, I am very familiar with the Lord's comparison to His people as His bride. John uses this again in his Revelation. It makes me so excited to be a part of His kingdom. It encourages me to not only overcome my own sins, but also help others around me come unto the Savior.