Sunday, May 3, 2009

It's a Small World

Genre: Disney
Artist: Robert B. and Richard M. Sherman
Album: Disney Classics Vol. 2

In honor of my recent trip to Disneyland, my next three Disney songs will all be from Disneyland. I will begin with It's a Small World. Most people would probably shudder at this point and say, "You like this song? It's the most annoying song in the world! Even Scar on Lion King hates it!" That's true, but Scar is the villain, remember? I'm sure Timon and Pumbaa love this song!

I like this song because of its message. It actually never really was a favorite until I came home from Brazil. After spending two years in a separate part of the world, I really felt that it was "a small world after all." We all belong to the same human race. We each share the same moon and the same "golden sun, and a smile means friendship to everyone." We all share the same emotions: laughter, tears, hope, fears. "There's so much that we share!"

I really enjoy going on the ride and seeing the depictions of the various cultures around the world. My favorite part, however, is the end when you enter the last room and everybody from around the world is there, but they are all dressed in white and are singing together. You can still tell what part of the world they are from, but they are all united. To me, this is what Heaven is like. Everybody there, even with their differences, but all dressed in white and unified. In a world of hate, strife, and contention, this ride is a peaceful reminder that we all belong to the same race and that we are all brothers and sisters.