Thursday, May 14, 2009

No Seu Lugar

Genre: Pop (maybe?)
Artist: Kid Abelha
Album: Kid Abelha Acústico

Ok, before I go on, I have to say I don't really understand what this song is entirely about. It's obviously about a romantic relationship and how time seems to change depending on whether they are together or apart. My favorite line would be translated to mean, "Could it be that we were in a hurry, or was it time that stopped?" She goes on to sing, "With you, time stops. Without you, time flies." Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I really can't decide what she means by that. But in the song she says, "I want to see you take my place and I would like to be you." Um...sure?

I basically just like the poetic phrases of this song. But what I like most of all about it is that it reminds me of two of my wonderful friends: Adriane and Erlândio. During my entire mission, I really wanted to buy a CD by a Brazilian artist. These two friends strongly recommended Kid Abelha and so I gave Adriane some money and asked her to get this CD for me, since it is a collection of their greatest hits. When Adriane gave it to me, I remember that me, Erlândio, Adriane, and several members of the ward were eating underneath the bridge. I can't remember the name of the place where we were eating, I just remember that a lot of us were there. On the same occasion, Adriane also gave me several comics books I asked for.

I really enjoy listening to this CD. The last time I had it in my CD player in my car, I listened to the entire CD three times. To me, it is a reminder of my wonderful friendship with two wonderful people. I would love to be in their place, not meaning that I want to switch places with them, but I want to be where they are so that we can continue to create wonderful memories and fortify our friendships.