Thursday, May 7, 2009

Fantasmic

Genre: Disney
Artist: Multiple Artists (music comes from multiple movies)
Album: Disneyland Fantasmic! Good Clashes with Evil in a Nighttime Spectacular

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! In fact, I was very sad when I found out that Disneyland wasn't going to be presenting it this last time that I went. This show not only combines adventures from multiple Disney movies, but it combines live action with animation. The theme of the whole show, however, is about the power of imagination. Mickey's imagination creates scenes from Fantasia, Peter Pan, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, and the Little Mermaid. When confronted by several villains, it is Mickey's dream/imagination that gives him the power to conquer and have a "Happily Ever After."

Imagination has always been a huge part of my life. As a kid, I loved going to parks and pretending that I was entering a whole new world. A slide would teleport me to a deserted island, a swing would give me wings to fly to Neverland, and monkey bars would keep me safe from the crocodiles below. I called the place Imagination Island. It was my own Neverland. It still is. I also remember playing basketball against myself. I would have the Imagination team and the Villain team. I would always try to play better when I was representing the Imagination team because they were the good guys. The people on that team would be characters from books and movies.

Imagination has always been my weapon. It gives me ideas for stories. It allows me to pull out my Legos and immediately have a story for them. It allows me to create songs and poetry. It lifts me from the gutter and lets me soar. "Dream a fantastic dream!" "See it in your mind and you can find, in your imagination, mysteries and magic." "Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?" Yes, they can! I dream fantastic dreams. I know they can come true! I bet my life on it, because my dreams are what make my life.