Saturday, February 7, 2009

Whatever You Imagine

Genre: Soundtrack
Artist: Music by Barry Mann and James Horner; Lyrics by Cynthia Weil
Album: The Pagemaster

"Whatever you imagine can one day come to be! There are dreams to awaken, roads to be taken. Follow them, and they will set you free!" I love the term, "dreams to awaken." Dreams don't have to be something that happens just when you are asleep. Everybody has dreams inside of them, but sometimes we hide them, bury them, and some even let them be destroyed. All the same, all of us have a dream sleeping inside of us. If we awaken those dreams and follow the road to which it they point, we will be living what once seemed impossible.

"Imagine you and I can fly past the sun and leave all our doubts and fears behind us! You see, that's just what can happen when you look inside your mind. There's no limit to the wonders you can find!" When I was young, I let my imagination roam free and sometimes it felt like I really could fly past the sun. I can almost feel the sun on my back as I fly through the clouds to worlds yet to be explored, where happiness and contentment are the only feelings I know. Now that I am older, doubt and fear seem to be more common. But if I look inside me and see who I really am, I can forget my doubts and fears. There is so much good in this world! If I do not limit myself, I can discover all those wonders. There is something wonderful in everyone, including me. If I look for it, I will find it.

"Whatever you imagine can make your life brand new. There are miracles waiting, so keep concentrating. And I promise you that if you do, whatever you imagine can come true." Imagination is a powerful thing. It is the key to a door that leads to a thousand worlds. It is the lifeblood of dreams. Dreams are the foundation of effort. Effort yields miracles. If we imagine something and dream it long enough and strong enough, we have the power to make it come true.